RK-002/KVS MIDI SETTINGS
Korg Volca Sample Firmware for the RK-002
This settings page is for the legacy KVS firmware on the RK-002, first released in 2016.
Newer firmware on the RK-002 can be managed via the DUY Exchange Portal
If you're reading this message the MIDI system is not properly initialized. Probably you did not allow MIDI access, are not using Chrome or don't have the Jazz-plugin fallback installed (or you are on a mobile device) Please install the Jazz-plugin from here: jazz-soft.net
Or enable plugin access and try a refresh.
Desktop MIDI Interface
RK-002 Firmware updater is located here
Note: Devices like the Arturia Keystep/Beatstep pro are showing up like MIDI devices but they do not pass MIDI SysEx messages thus can not be used to update/set the RK-002
- Firmware v25+ provides chromatic key mapping and NRPN parameter control.
- Firmware v30+ provides GM-mapping and program-change message support to change chromatic focus. (together with existing bankswitch message)
- Firmware v50+ supports sample channel polyphony
- Firmware v51+ supports trigger channel + multi channel chromatic play channels
RK-002 Keyboard mapping
Sample control basekey
* GM mapping is from firmware 30 and up.
Chromatic control basekey*
Chromatic Sample Channel Lock
RK-002 Performance mapping
Pitch wheel mapping
Mod wheel mapping
If you want to create your own controller you can read the RK-002 Sysex documentation
Since the webMIDI is still a but dodgy on different browsers we have also created a few sysex files with commands you would like to use on the RK-002, for example the 'set midi channel' command. This .zip file
contains a series of sysex files you can play with e.g. MIDIOX
(PC) or Sysex Librarian